A-to-Z List Essential Oils for Autoimmune Diseases:
A disease in which the body's immune system attacks healthy cells.
There are over 80 types of autoimmune diseases including the following:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: A chronic inflammatory disorder affecting many joints such as hands and feed
- Lupus: An inflammatory disease caused the immune systems attacks its own tissues
- Celiac disease: An immune reaction to eating gluten
- Sjögren's syndrome: An immune system disorder characterized by dry eyes or dry mouth
- Multiple sclerosis: A disease in which the immune system east away at the protective covering of nerves
- Polymyalgia rheumatica: An inflammatory disorder causing muscle pain an stiffness around the shoulders and hips
- Ankylosing spondylitis: An inflammatory arthritis affecting the spine and large joints.
- Type 1 diabetes: A chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin.
- Alopecia areata: Sudden hair loss that starts with one or more circular bald patches that may overlap.
- Vasculitis: An inflammation of the blood vessels that causes changes in the blood vessel walls.
- Temporal arteritis: An inflammation of blood vessels, called arteries, in and around the scalp.
Note: There are also some Essential Oils to AVOID as they may worsen one's autoimmune conditions such as the following:
- Clove: increases white blood cell count
- Cinnamon Bark and Leaf: modulates immunostimulating T cells
- Fennel and Thyme: inhibits oxidative-stress-causing reactive oxygen species (ROS)
- Frankincense: possesses immunostimulating properties
Aroma Description: Astringent, Cool, Fresh, Minty, Slightly sweet, Strong
Aroma Description: Roman Chamomile Essential Oil smells crisp, sweet, fruity and herbaceous.
Eucalyptus dives, Mint
Aroma Description: Camphoraceous, Cool, Fresh, Minty, Slightly sweet
Aroma Description: Camphoraceous, Cool, Fresh, Slightly sweet, Soft
Aroma Description: Citrus, Cool, Fresh, Lemony, Soft
Aroma Description: Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil smells slightly camphorous, sweet and fruity.
Aroma Description: Herbaceous, green, floral, sweet, dry, fresh, slightly fruity
Aroma Description: Juniper Berry Essential Oil smells crisp, woody, sweet and earthy, with an almost hidden fruity note.
Aroma Description: Floral, fresh, sweet, herbaceous and sometimes slightly fruity. It can be slightly camphorous.
Aroma Description: Floral, fresh, camphorous, sweet and herbaceous