Eucalyptus citriodora, Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil (Corymbia citriodora)
Eucalyptus, Lemon may also be referred to as Eucalyptus Citriodora, Lemon Eucalyptus, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Corymbia Citriodora. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the leaves.
Lemon eucalyptus oil comes from the leaves and twigs of the Corymbia citriodora tree. It has a citrus woody scent.
- Aroma Description:
- Common Name(s): Eucalyptus Citriodora, Lemon Eucalyptus, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Corymbia Citriodora
Synonyms(s) for Corymbia citriodora: Corymbia citriodora subsp. variegata, Corymbia variegata, Eucalyptus citriodora, Eucalyptus maculata var. citriodora, Eucalyptus melissiodora, Eucalyptus variegata
- Botanical Family: Myrtaceae
- Botanical Genus: Corymbia
- Chemical Family: Aldehydes
- Major Compounds: Citronellal, Citronellol, Isopulegol
- Perfumery Note: Middle/Top
- Consistency: Thin
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Color: Pale Yellow
- Indigenous Country: South Africa
- Cultivation: Unsprayed
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Leaves
- Shelf Life: 3 years
Benefits & Uses
May be benefitial for addressing the following ailments:
Aches Autoimmune Diseases Bad Breath Bodily Congestion Bronchitis Skin : Oily
Therapeutic Benefits of Eucalyptus, Lemon:
Anti-anxiety Anti-bacterial Anti-fungal Anti-inflammatory Anti-microbial Cicatrisant
Other Uses for Eucalyptus, Lemon:
Cautions & Safety
Cautions when using Eucalyptus, Lemon:
Tisserand and Young do not indicate any known hazards for Lemon Eucalyptus Oil. Reading Tisserand and Young's full profile is recommended. [Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young, Essential Oil Safety (Second Edition. United Kingdom: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2014), 336.]
Safety Precautions for Eucalyptus, Lemon:
Do not take any oils internally and do not apply undiluted essential oils, absolutes, CO2s or other concentrated essences onto the skin without advanced essential oil knowledge or consultation from a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. If you are pregnant, epileptic, have liver damage, have cancer, or have any other medical problem, use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Use extreme caution when using oils with children and be sure to first read the recommended dilution ratios for children. Consult a qualified aromatherapy practitioner before using oils with children, the elderly, if you have medical issues or are taking medications. For in-depth information on oil safety issues, read Essential Oil Safety by Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young.
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of Eucalyptus, Lemon:
2nd Chakra - Relationships 6th Chakra - Perspective Clarity Creation Energy Energizing Protective Purifying
Eucalyptus, Lemon Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Effects of essential oils from medicinal plants acclimated to Benin on in vitro ruminal fermentation of Andropogon gayanus grass.
- PubMed: Efficacy of free and nanoencapsulated Eucalyptus citriodora essential oils on sheep gastrointestinal nematodes and toxicity for mice.
- PubMed: Airborne antituberculosis activity of Eucalyptus citriodora essential oil.
- PubMed: Comparative study of thermal properties of bio-coal from aromatic spent with low rank sub-bituminous coals.
- PubMed: Phytochemical composition of Cymbopogon citratus and Eucalyptus citriodora essential oils and their anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties on Wistar rats.
- PubMed: Variation in the volatile oil composition of Eucalyptus citriodora produced by hydrodistillation and supercritical fluid extraction techniques.
- PubMed: The effects of herbal essential oils on the oviposition-deterrent and ovicidal activities of Aedes aegypti (Linn.), Anopheles dirus (Peyton and Harrison) and Culex quinquefasciatus (Say).
- PubMed: Inhibitory effects of the volatile oils of Callistemon citrinus (Curtis) Skeels and Eucalyptus citriodora Hook (Myrtaceae) on the acetylcholine induced contraction of isolated rat ileum.
- PubMed: Efficacy of herbal essential oils as insecticide against Aedes aegypti (Linn.), Culex quinquefasciatus (Say) and Anopheles dirus (Peyton and Harrison).
- PubMed: Analysis of phytochemical constituents of Eucalyptus citriodora L. responsible for antifungal activity against post-harvest fungi.
- PubMed: Evaluation of Eucalyptus citriodora essential oil on goat gastrointestinal nematodes.
- PubMed: Fumigant toxicity of lemon eucalyptus oil constituents to acaricide-susceptible and acaricide-resistant Tetranychus urticae.
- PubMed: Acaricidal activity of the essential oils from Eucalyptus citriodora and Cymbopogon nardus on larvae of Amblyomma cajennense (Acari: Ixodidae) and Anocentor nitens (Acari: Ixodidae).
- PubMed: Bioactivity against Tribolium castaneum Herbst (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae) of Cymbopogon citratus and Eucalyptus citriodora essential oils grown in Colombia.
- PubMed: Variation in chemical composition and acaricidal activity against Dermanyssus gallinae of four eucalyptus essential oils.
- PubMed: Phytotoxicity of volatile oil from Eucalyptus citriodora against some weedy species.
- PubMed: Fungicidal activity of volatile oil from eucalyptus Citriodora Hook. against Alternaria triticina.
- PubMed: Authenticity control of essential oils containing citronellal and citral by chiral and stable-isotope gas-chromatographic analysis.
- PubMed: Chemical composition and phytotoxicity of volatile essential oil from intact and fallen leaves of Eucalyptus citriodora.
- PubMed: Chemical composition and inhibitory activity of essential oil from decaying leaves of Eucalyptus citriodora.
- PubMed: [Extraction and determination of volatile constituents in leaves of Eucalyptus citriodora].
- PubMed: Fumigant activity of plant essential oils and components from garlic (Allium sativum) and clove bud (Eugenia caryophyllata) oils against the Japanese termite (Reticulitermes speratus Kolbe).
- PubMed: Analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of essential oils of Eucalyptus.
- PubMed: In vitro antagonistic activity of monoterpenes and their mixtures against 'toe nail fungus' pathogens.
- PubMed: Antifungal activity of the volatile oil of Eucalyptus citriodora.
- PubMed: Correlation between chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oils of some aromatic medicinal plants growing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- PubMed: Toxic effects of six plant oils alone and in combination with controlled atmosphere on Liposcelis bostrychophila (Psocoptera: Liposcelididae).
- PubMed: Changes in essential oil during enzyme-assisted ensiling of lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus Stapf.) and lemon eucalyptus (Eucalyptus citriodora Hook).
- PubMed: Antibacterial action of the essential oils of some Australian Myrtaceae with special references to the activity of chromatographic fractions of oil of Eucalyptus citriodora.