Turmeric, White Essential Oil (Curcuma zedoaria)
Turmeric, White may also be referred to as White turmeric, Curcuma Zedoaria Roscoe. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the rhizome.
- Aroma Description:
- Common Name(s): White turmeric, Curcuma Zedoaria Roscoe
Synonyms(s) for Curcuma zedoaria: Amomum latifolium, Amomum zedoaria, Costus luteus, Costus nigricans, Curcuma malabarica, Curcuma pallida, Curcuma raktakanta, Curcuma speciosa, Erndlia zerumbet, Roscoea lutea, Roscoea nigrociliata
- Botanical Family: Zingiberaceae
- Botanical Genus: Curcuma
- Chemical Family: Ketones, Sesquiterpenes
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Indigenous Country: Nepal
- Cultivation: Unsprayed
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Rhizome
- Shelf Life: 5-6 years
- Ethically and sustainably sourced
Benefits & Uses
Therapeutic Benefits of Turmeric, White:
Anti-anxiety Anti-arthritic Anti-bacterial Anti-inflammatory Anti-microbial Anti-rheumatic Carminative Circulatory stimulant Digestive stimulant Digestive tonic Immune support Immuno-stimulant Liver Supporter Rubefacient Stomachic Tonifying Vein tonic Warming
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of Turmeric, White:
1st Chakra - Survival and Support 3rd Chakra - Personal Power 6th Chakra - Perspective Clarity Expansive Source Energy
Turmeric, White Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Development of diversity-enhanced extracts of Curcuma zedoaria and their new sesquiterpene-like compounds.
- PubMed: β-elemene reverses the drug resistance of lung cancer A549/DDP cells via the mitochondrial apoptosis pathway.
- PubMed: Cytotoxic Activity from Curcuma zedoaria Through Mitochondrial Activation on Ovarian Cancer Cells.
- PubMed: Analysis of heavy metal lead (Pb) levels with Aas in cow's milk by giving cumin (Cuminum cyminum L.), white turmeric (Curcuma zedoaria Rosc.) and mango turmeric (Curcuma mangga Val.).
- PubMed: Larvicidal and pupicidal activities of essential oils from Zingiberaceae plants against Aedes aegypti (Linn.) and Culex quinquefasciatus say mosquitoes.
- PubMed: Chemical constituents and anticancer activity of Curcuma zedoaria roscoe essential oil against non-small cell lung carcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo.
- PubMed: Suppression of benign prostate hyperplasia by Kaempferia parviflora rhizome.
- PubMed: Molecular modeling and docking characterization of CzR1, a CC-NBS-LRR R-gene from Curcuma zedoaria Loeb. that confers resistance to Pythium aphanidermatum.
- PubMed: In Vitro Morphological Assessment of Apoptosis Induced by Antiproliferative Constituents from the Rhizomes of Curcuma zedoaria.
- PubMed: Total and inorganic arsenic contents in some edible zingiberaceous rhizomes in Thailand.
- PubMed: Inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor-mediated angiogenesis involved in reproductive toxicity induced by sesquiterpenoids of Curcuma zedoaria in rats.
- PubMed: Functional food quality of Curcuma caesia, Curcuma zedoaria and Curcuma aeruginosa endemic to Northeastern India.
- PubMed: Effects of the extracts and an active compound curcumenone isolated from Curcuma zedoaria rhizomes on alcohol-induced drunkenness in mice.
- PubMed: Effects of the medicinal plants Curcuma zedoaria and Camellia sinensis on halitosis control.
- PubMed: Report: Studies on antibacterial activity of some traditional medicinal plants used in folk medicine.
- PubMed: Nutrient and metal analyses of Chinese herbal products marketed for veterinary use.
- PubMed: Cytotoxicity of the rhizome of medicinal plants.
- PubMed: Cytotoxicity evaluation of Curcuma zedoaria (Christm.) Roscoe fluid extract used in oral hygiene products.
- PubMed: Effect of Curcuma zedoaria Rosc root extracts on behavioral and radiology changes in arthritic rats.
- PubMed: Contact toxicity, feeding reduction, and repellency of essential oils from three plants from the ginger family (Zingiberaceae) and their major components against Sitophilus zeamais and Tribolium castaneum.
- PubMed: Anti-angiogenesis effect of essential oil from Curcuma zedoaria in vitro and in vivo.
- PubMed: Potential mechanisms of hypocholesterolaemic effect of Thai spices/dietary extracts.
- PubMed: Effect of different ingredients in traditional Korean medicine for human uterine leiomyoma on normal myometrial and leiomyomal smooth muscle cell proliferation.
- PubMed: Curcumenol from Curcuma zedoaria: a second monoclinic modification.
- PubMed: Pivotal role of curcuminoids on the antimutagenic activity of Curcuma zedoaria extracts.
- PubMed: Self-nanoemulsifying drug delivery system (SNEDDS) for oral delivery of Zedoary essential oil: formulation and bioavailability studies.
- PubMed: Curcuma zedoaria Rosc. (white turmeric): a review of its chemical, pharmacological and ethnomedicinal properties.
- PubMed: Isolation and characterization of antioxidation enzymes from cells of zedoary (Curcuma zedoaria Roscoe) cultured in a 5-l bioreactor.
- PubMed: Inhibition of inducible prostaglandin E2 production and cyclooxygenase-2 expression by curdione from Curcuma zedoaria.
- PubMed: Aromatic plant-derived essential oil: an alternative larvicide for mosquito control.
- PubMed: Larvicidal efficacy and biological stability of a botanical natural product, zedoary oil-impregnated sand granules, against Aedes aegypti (Diptera, Culicidae).
- PubMed: Anti-inflammatory sesquiterpenes from Curcuma zedoaria.
- PubMed: Comparison of Anti-inflammatory Activities of Six Curcuma Rhizomes: A Possible Curcuminoid-independent Pathway Mediated by Curcuma phaeocaulis Extract.
- PubMed: Essential oils as potential adulticides against two populations of Aedes aegypti, the laboratory and natural field strains, in Chiang Mai province, northern Thailand.
- PubMed: Seasonal variation and analgesic properties of different parts from Curcuma zedoaria Roscoe (Zingiberaceae) grown in Brazil.
- PubMed: Inhibitors from the rhizomes of Alpinia officinarum on production of nitric oxide in lipopolysaccharide-activated macrophages and the structural requirements of diarylheptanoids for the activity.
- PubMed: Suppressive effect of Zedoariae rhizoma on pulmonary metastasis of B16 melanoma cells.
- PubMed: Anti-babesial compounds from Curcuma zedoaria.
- PubMed: The inhibitory effect of a Korean herbal medicine, Zedoariae rhizoma, on growth of cultured human hepatic myofibroblast cells.
- PubMed: Antimicrobial activity of Curcuma zedoaria and Curcuma malabarica tubers.
- PubMed: [Establishment of high-yield suspension cell line of Curcuma zedoaria (Berg.) Rosc and study on the volatile oil synthesis-controlling with precursors].
- PubMed: A curcuminoid and two sesquiterpenoids from Curcuma zedoaria as inhibitors of nitric oxide synthesis in activated macrophages.
- PubMed: Anti-allergic principles from Thai zedoary: structural requirements of curcuminoids for inhibition of degranulation and effect on the release of TNF-alpha and IL-4 in RBL-2H3 cells.
- PubMed: Antimicrobial activity and cytotoxicity of the essential oil of Curcuma zedoaria.
- PubMed: Effects of Central Kalimantan plant extracts on intraerythrocytic Babesia gibsoni in culture.
- PubMed: 9-Oxo-neoprocurcumenol from Curcuma aromatica (Zingiberaceae) as an attachment inhibitor against the blue mussel, Mytilus edulis galloprovincialis.
- PubMed: Inhibition of human pathogenic fungi by members of Zingiberaceae used by the Kenyah (Indonesian Borneo).
- PubMed: The in vitro inhibitory effects of crude extracts of traditional Chinese herbs on 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase on Vero cells.
- PubMed: [Effect of Curcuma zedoaria (Berg.) Bosc on the myoelectric activity of uterus in rats and study of its mechanisms].
- PubMed: Evaluation of natural products on inhibition of inducible cyclooxygenase (COX-2) and nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in cultured mouse macrophage cells.
- PubMed: Phytochemical analysis and analgesic properties of Curcuma zedoaria grown in Brazil.
- PubMed: Inhibitory effects of natural sesquiterpenoids isolated from the rhizomes of Curcuma zedoaria on prostaglandin E2 and nitric oxide production.
- PubMed: Suppressive effect of natural sesquiterpenoids on inducible cyclooxygenase (COX-2) and nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) activity in mouse macrophage cells.
- PubMed: Agrotechniques for the cultivation of curcuma zedoaria (berg.) rosc.
- PubMed: Effects of polysaccharides from rhizomes of Curcuma zedoaria on macrophage functions.
- PubMed: Sesquiterpenoids from the rhizome of Curcuma zedoaria.
- PubMed: A curcuminoid and sesquiterpenes as inhibitors of macrophage TNF-alpha release from Curcuma zedoaria.
- PubMed: Amylopectin aggregation as a function of starch phosphate content studied by size exclusion chromatography and on-line refractive index and light scattering.
- PubMed: Antitumor, genotoxicity and anticlastogenic activities of polysaccharide from Curcuma zedoaria.
- PubMed: Antiinflammatory potency of dehydrocurdione, a zedoary-derived sesquiterpene.
- PubMed: Inhibitory effect and action mechanism of sesquiterpenes from Zedoariae Rhizoma on D-galactosamine/lipopolysaccharide-induced liver injury.
- PubMed: Cytotoxicity of curcuminoids and some novel compounds from Curcuma zedoaria.
- PubMed: [Isolation and structure determination of furan sesquiterpene from Chinese traditional herb ezhu (rhizome of Curcuma zedoaria Rosc.)].
- PubMed: Multiplication of curcuma species by tissue culture.
- PubMed: Antimutagenic activity of extracts from anticancer drugs in Chinese medicine.
- PubMed: Toxicity of shoti (Indian arrowroot: Curcuma zedoaria) for rats and chicks.
- PubMed: Isolation of Ethyl p-methoxycinnamate, the major antifungal principle of Curcumba zedoaria.
- PubMed: [Structure of curzerenone, a new sesquiterpene from Curcuma zedoaria].
- PubMed: [Structure of zedoarone, a new sesquiterpene from Curcuma zedoaria].
- PubMed: Pharmacological action of some common essential oil-bearing plants used in indigenous medicine. I. Pharmacological action of Acorus calamus, Curcuma zedoaria, Xanthoxylum alatum and Angelica archangelica.