Ponderosa Pine Cone Essential Oil (Pinus ponderosa)
Ponderosa Pine Cone may also be referred to as ponderosa pine, bull pine, blackjack pine, western yellow-pine, or filipinus pine. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the cones.
- Aroma Description:
- Common Name(s): ponderosa pine, bull pine, blackjack pine, western yellow-pine, or filipinus pine
- Botanical Family: Pinaceae
- Botanical Genus: Pinus
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes
- Perfumery Note: Top
- Indigenous Country: United States
- Cultivation: Wild Harvested
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Cones
- Shelf Life: 3 - 4 years
- Ethically and sustainably sourced
- Wild Harvested
Benefits & Uses
Therapeutic Benefits of Ponderosa Pine Cone:
Analgesic Anti-bacterial Anti-fungal Anti-infectious Anti-inflammatory Anti-oxidant Anti-spasmodic Anti-viral Cicatrisant Decongestant Expectorant Immuno-stimulant Mucolytic Rubefacient Sedative
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of Ponderosa Pine Cone:
1st Chakra - Survival and Support 2nd Chakra - Relationships 6th Chakra - Perspective Clarity Creation Energy Expansive Grounding Source Energy Transformative
Ponderosa Pine Cone Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Drought stress limits the geographic ranges of two tree species via different physiological mechanisms.
- PubMed: Differential controls by climate and physiology over the emission rates of biogenic volatile organic compounds from mature trees in a semi-arid pine forest.
- PubMed: Expression of functional traits during seedling establishment in two populations of Pinus ponderosa from contrasting climates.
- PubMed: Three causes of variation in the photochemical reflectance index (PRI) in evergreen conifers.
- PubMed: An integrated model of environmental effects on growth, carbohydrate balance, and mortality of Pinus ponderosa forests in the southern Rocky Mountains.
- PubMed: Tropospheric ozone reduces carbon assimilation in trees: estimates from analysis of continuous flux measurements.
- PubMed: Responses of Dendroctonus brevicomis (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) in behavioral assays: implications to development of a semiochemical-based tool for tree protection.
- PubMed: Paired comparison of water, energy and carbon exchanges over two young maritime pine stands (Pinus pinaster Ait.): effects of thinning and weeding in the early stage of tree growth.
- PubMed: The ecology of the phyllosphere: geographic and phylogenetic variability in the distribution of bacteria on tree leaves.
- PubMed: Variation in woody plant mortality and dieback from severe drought among soils, plant groups, and species within a northern Arizona ecotone.
- PubMed: Leaf hydraulic conductance, measured in situ, declines and recovers daily: leaf hydraulics, water potential and stomatal conductance in four temperate and three tropical tree species.
- PubMed: Estimating forest LAI profiles and structural parameters using a ground-based laser called 'Echidna'.
- PubMed: Bole girdling affects metabolic properties and root, trunk and branch hydraulics of young ponderosa pine trees.
- PubMed: What the towers don't see at night: nocturnal sap flow in trees and shrubs at two AmeriFlux sites in California.
- PubMed: Foliar mercury accumulation and exchange for three tree species.
- PubMed: Homeostatic maintenance of ponderosa pine gas exchange in response to stand density changes.
- PubMed: Co-occurring species differ in tree-ring delta(18)O trends.
- PubMed: Hydraulic compensation in northern Rocky Mountain conifers: does successional position and life history matter?
- PubMed: Seasonality of photosynthetic parameters in a multi-specific and vertically complex forest ecosystem in the Sierra Nevada of California.
- PubMed: Restoration thinning and influence of tree size and leaf area to sapwood area ratio on water relations of Pinus ponderosa.
- PubMed: Host physiological condition regulates parasitic plant performance: Arceuthobium vaginatum subsp. cryptopodum on Pinus ponderosa.
- PubMed: Physiological responses of ponderosa pine in western Montana to thinning, prescribed fire and burning season.
- PubMed: Native root xylem embolism and stomatal closure in stands of Douglas-fir and ponderosa pine: mitigation by hydraulic redistribution.
- PubMed: Age-related changes in ecosystem structure and function and effects on water and carbon exchange in ponderosa pine.
- PubMed: A comparison of three approaches to modeling leaf gas exchange in annually drought-stressed ponderosa pine forests.
- PubMed: Ozone uptake, water loss and carbon exchange dynamics in annually drought-stressed Pinus ponderosa forests: measured trends and parameters for uptake modeling.
- PubMed: Evidence that hydraulic conductance limits photosynthesis in old Pinus ponderosa trees.
- PubMed: Photosynthetic adjustment in field-grown ponderosa pine trees after six years of exposure to elevated CO(2).
- PubMed: Differences in leaf gas exchange and water relations among species and tree sizes in an Arizona pine-oak forest.
- PubMed: Spatial pattern of allozyme variation in a contact zone of Pinus Ponderosa and P. arizonica (Pinaceae).
- PubMed: Changes in whole-tree water relations during ontogeny of Pinus flexilis and Pinus ponderosa in a high-elevation meadow.
- PubMed: Effects of branch height on leaf gas exchange, branch hydraulic conductance and branch sap flux in open-grown ponderosa pine.
- PubMed: Soil compaction effects on water status of ponderosa pine assessed through 13C/12C composition.
- PubMed: Alteration of foliar flavonoid chemistry induced by enhanced UV-B radiation in field-grown Pinus ponderosa, Quercus rubra and Pseudotsuga menziesii.
- PubMed: Water limitations to carbon exchange in old-growth and young ponderosa pine stands.
- PubMed: Time-series analysis of delta13C from tree rings. I. Time trends and autocorrelation.
- PubMed: Leaf area distribution and radiative transfer in open-canopy forests: implications for mass and energy exchange.
- PubMed: Family differences in height growth and photosynthetic traits in three conifers.
- PubMed: Xylem conductivity and vulnerability to cavitation of ponderosa pine growing in contrasting climates.
- PubMed: Response of stomatal conductance to drought in ponderosa pine: implications for carbon and ozone uptake.
- PubMed: Carbon dioxide and water vapor exchange by young and old ponderosa pine ecosystems during a dry summer.
- PubMed: Use of a simulation model and ecosystem flux data to examine carbon-water interactions in ponderosa pine.
- PubMed: Effects of elevated CO(2) and nitrogen on the synchrony of shoot and root growth in ponderosa pine.
- PubMed: To live fast or not: growth, vigor and longevity of old-growth ponderosa pine and lodgepole pine trees.
- PubMed: Direct and indirect effects of elevated CO(2) on whole-shoot respiration in ponderosa pine seedlings.
- PubMed: Carbon allocation, gas exchange, and needle morphology of Pinus ponderosa genotypes known to differ in growth and survival under imposed drought.
- PubMed: Offsetting changes in biomass allocation and photosynthesis in ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa) in response to climate change.
- PubMed: Physiological adjustment of two full-sib families of ponderosa pine to elevated CO(2).
- PubMed: Effects of acidic fog on seedlings of Pinus ponderosa and Abies concolor: foliar injury, physiological and biochemical responses.
- PubMed: Simulating the effects of climatic variation on stem carbon accumulation of a ponderosa pine stand: comparison with annual growth increment data.
- PubMed: Fall lifting and long-term freezer storage of ponderosa pine seedlings: effects on post-storage leaf water potential, stomatal conductance, and root growth potential.