Hemp Essential Oil (Cannabis sativa)
Hemp may also be referred to as Cannabis. It is typically processed in Italy using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the flowering plant/herb.
Hemp Essential Oil has a strongly herbaceous, earthy, effervescent green aroma with a slightly bitter, penetrating high note and a clean herbal body note. It is increasingly being used in natural perfumery for its unique and very tenacious odor character and its long herbaceous drydown.
- Aroma Description:
- Common Name(s): Cannabis
- Botanical Family: Cannabaceae
- Botanical Genus: Cannabis
- Perfumery Note: Top/Middle
- Countries of Production: Italy
- Indigenous Country: England
- Cultivation: Distiller is Certified Organic
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Flowering plant/herb
- Shelf Life: 6 years
- Ethically and sustainably sourced