White Fir Essential Oil (Abies concolor)
White Fir may also be referred to as concolor fir, Colorado fir, Abeto Del Colorado, balsam fir, Colorado white fir, concolor Fir, Pino Real Blanco, rocky mountain white fir, western white fir, or white balsam. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the needles.
- Aroma Description:
- Common Name(s): concolor fir, Colorado fir, Abeto Del Colorado, balsam fir, Colorado white fir, concolor Fir, Pino Real Blanco, rocky mountain white fir, western white fir, or white balsam
+ Expand- Collapse
Synonyms(s) for Abies concolor: Abies concolor f. atroviolacea, Abies concolor subsp. lowiana, Abies concolor var. bajacalifornica, Abies concolor var. lowiana, Abies concolor var. martinezii, Abies grandis var. concolor, Abies grandis var. lowiana, Abies lowiana, Abies lowiana var. viridula, Picea concolor, Picea lowiana, Pinus concolor, Pinus lowiana
- Botanical Family: Pinaceae
- Botanical Genus: Abies
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes
- Perfumery Note: Top
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid
- Indigenous Country: United States :Arizona
- Cultivation: Wild Harvested
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Needles
- Shelf Life: 5 years
[LC] Least Concern
- Ethically and sustainably sourced
- Wild Harvested
Benefits & Uses
May be benefitial for addressing the following ailments:
Therapeutic Benefits of White Fir:
Analgesic Anti-anxiety Anti-inflammatory Anti-rheumatic Anti-septic Anti-spasmodic Calming Decongestant Deodorant Sedative
Other Uses for White Fir:
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of White Fir:
4th Chakra - Unconditional Love 6th Chakra - Perspective 7th Chakra - Higher Information Clarity Grounding Protective Purifying Transformative Uplifting
White Fir Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Radical Scavenging Activity of the Essential Oil of Silver Fir (Abies alba).
- PubMed: Desmethylabietospiran, a naturally occurring self-gelation agent.
- PubMed: Combined analysis by GC (RI), GC-MS and 13C NMR of the supercritical fluid extract of Abies alba twigs.
- PubMed: Composition of essential oil from seeds and cones of Abies alba.