Palmarosa (Gingergrass) Cymbopogon martini Essential Oil (Cymbopogon martini)
Gingergrass may also be referred to as Indian geranium, turkish rose, indian rose, rose geranium, palmarosa, gingergrass, rosha, rosha grass, or cymbopogon martini var sofia. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the grass.
Astringent Exotic Fresh Sensual Slightly citrus Spicy Strong Warm
- Common Name(s): Indian geranium, turkish rose, indian rose, rose geranium, palmarosa, gingergrass, rosha, rosha grass, or cymbopogon martini var sofia
Synonyms(s) for Cymbopogon martini: Andropogon calamus-aromaticus, Andropogon martini, Andropogon pachnodes, Andropogon schoenanthus var. martini, Cymbopogon martini var. sofia, Cymbopogon martinianus, Cymbopogon motia, Cymbopogon pachnodes, Gymnanthelia martini
- Botanical Family: Poaceae
- Botanical Genus: Cymbopogon
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes, Monoterpenols
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Indigenous Country: India
- Cultivation: Unsprayed
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Grass
- Shelf Life: 5 years
Benefits & Uses
Therapeutic Benefits of Gingergrass:
Analgesic Anti-bacterial Anti-depressant Anti-inflammatory Anti-septic Anti-viral Expectorant Tonic
Cautions & Safety
Safety Precautions for Gingergrass:
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of Gingergrass:
1st Chakra - Survival and Support 2nd Chakra - Relationships 3rd Chakra - Personal Power 4th Chakra - Unconditional Love Creation Energy Energizing Grounding Meditative Purifying
Gingergrass Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Comparative molecular docking analysis of essential oil constituents as elastase inhibitors.
- PubMed: In vitro antifungal, anti-elastase and anti-keratinase activity of essential oils of Cinnamomum-, Syzygium- and Cymbopogon-species against Aspergillus fumigatus and Trichophyton rubrum.
- PubMed: Anti-candidal activity of essential oils alone and in combination with amphotericin B or fluconazole against multi-drug resistant isolates of Candida albicans.
- PubMed: Action of Coriandrum sativum L. Essential Oil upon Oral Candida albicans Biofilm Formation.
- PubMed: Antibacterial activity of essential oils from palmarosa, evening primrose, lavender and tuberose.
- PubMed: In vitro and in vivo antifungal activity of essential oils of Cymbopogon martini and Chenopodium ambrosioides and their synergism against dermatophytes.
- PubMed: Major constituents and anthelmintic activity of volatile oils from leaves and flowers of Cymbopogon martini Roxb.
- PubMed: Anti-Candida activity of Brazilian medicinal plants.
- PubMed: [p-Menthadienols in the essential oils of Cymbopogon martini Stapf var. sofia (essence of gingergrass) and of Cymbopogon densiflorus Stapf].