Xanthoxylum Essential Oil (Zanthoxylum armatum)
Xanthoxylum may also be referred to as winged prickly ash, prickly ash, tumburu, suterberry, yellow wood or in Hindi it is known as Tejphal, Darmar, Tumru, Trimal. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the dried fruit (berries) / leafs.
Great for respiratory issues, toothache, digestive issues. Very calming too.
Balsamic Earthy Exotic Fruity Sensual Slightly bitter Slightly spicy Strong
- Common Name(s): winged prickly ash, prickly ash, tumburu, suterberry, yellow wood or in Hindi it is known as Tejphal, Darmar, Tumru, Trimal
Synonyms(s) for Zanthoxylum armatum: Zanthoxylum alatum var. planispinum, Zanthoxylum arenosum, Zanthoxylum hostile, Zanthoxylum kibada
- Botanical Family: Rutaceae
- Botanical Genus: Zanthoxylum
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes, Monoterpenols
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Consistency: Fluid liquid
- Color: Pale yellow to reddish brown
- Indigenous Country: Nepal
- Cultivation: Wild Harvested
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Dried Fruit (Berries) / Leafs
- Shelf Life: 4-5 years
- Wild Harvested
Benefits & Uses
Therapeutic Benefits of Xanthoxylum:
Analgesic Anti-allergenic Anti-anxiety Anti-bacterial Anti-convulsant Anti-infectious Anti-inflammatory Anti-microbial Anti-oxidant Anti-spasmodic Anti-viral Hypotensive Immuno-stimulant Sedative
Rosalina, Ambrette, Black Pepper, Balsam of Peru, Ylang-Ylang, Lavender , Ambrette, Black Spruce, Blood Orange, Buddha Wood, Cedarwood Himalayan, Clary Sage, Copaiba Balsam, Elemi, Geranium, Jasmine sambac, Lotus Pink, Neroli, Siam Wood essantial oils, Rose absolute, Sandalwood absoliute.
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of Xanthoxylum:
1st Chakra - Survival and Support 2nd Chakra - Relationships 6th Chakra - Perspective Creation Energy Introspective Meditative Protective Purifying Uplifting
Xanthoxylum Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Quantitative and structural analysis of amides and lignans in Zanthoxylum armatum by UPLC-DAD-ESI-QTOF-MS/MS.
- PubMed: Ethnomedicinal plants used by the villagers of district Udhampur, J&K, India.
- PubMed: Botanical ethnoveterinary therapies in three districts of the Lesser Himalayas of Pakistan.
- PubMed: Medicinal plants, traditional medicine, markets and management in far-west Nepal.
- PubMed: Behavioural and electroantennogram responses of the stable fly (Stomoxys calcitrans L.) to plant essential oils and their mixtures with attractants.
- PubMed: Isobutylhydroxyamides from the pericarp of Nepalese Zanthoxylum armatum inhibit NF1-defective tumor cell line growth.
- PubMed: Toxicity of Zanthoxylum piperitum and Zanthoxylum armatum oil constituents and related compounds to Stomoxys calcitrans (Diptera: Muscidae).
- PubMed: Voltammetric determination of antioxidant character in Berberis lycium Royel, Zanthoxylum armatum and Morus nigra Linn plants.
- PubMed: Methyl cinnamate inhibits adipocyte differentiation via activation of the CaMKK2-AMPK pathway in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes.
- PubMed: A new lignan and other constituents from Zanthoxylum armatum DC.
- PubMed: 2-undecanone rich leaf essential oil from Zanthoxylum armatum.
- PubMed: Enhanced repellency of binary mixtures of Zanthoxylum armatum seed oil, vanillin, and their aerosols to mosquitoes under laboratory and field conditions.
- PubMed: Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities of ethyl acetate fraction from Zanthoxylum armatum in mice.
- PubMed: Enhanced repellency of binary mixtures of Zanthoxylum piperitum pericarp steam distillate or Zanthoxylum armatum seed oil constituents and Calophyllum inophyllum nut oil and their aerosols to Stomoxys calcitrans.
- PubMed: Hepatoprotective activity of leaves of Zanthoxylum armatum DC in CCl4 induced hepatotoxicity in rats.
- PubMed: Pharmacological basis for the medicinal use of Zanthoxylum armatum in gut, airways and cardiovascular disorders.
- PubMed: Hepatoprotective activity of ethanolic extracts of bark of Zanthoxylum armatum DC in CCl4 induced hepatic damage in rats.
- PubMed: Pharmacognostical studies on Zanthoxylum armatum leaves.
- PubMed: Enantiomeric composition of (3R)-(-)- and (3S)-(+)-linalool in various essential oils of Indian origin by enantioselective capillary gas chromatography-flame ionization and mass spectrometry detection methods.
- PubMed: Chemical composition and larvicidal activities of the essential oil of Zanthoxylum armatum DC (Rutaceae) against three mosquito vectors.
- PubMed: Field evaluation of herbal mosquito repellents.
- PubMed: A new amide from zanthoxylum armatum
- PubMed: Persistence of leech repellents on cloth.