White Spruce Essential Oil (Picea glauca)
White Spruce may also be referred to as Canadian spruce, skunk spruce, cat spruce, Black Hills spruce, western white spruce, Alberta white spruce, and Porsild spruce. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the needles.
Balsamic Coniferous Piney Rich Slightly camphoraceous Slightly sweet Warm Woody
- Common Name(s): Canadian spruce, skunk spruce, cat spruce, Black Hills spruce, western white spruce, Alberta white spruce, and Porsild spruce
- Botanical Family: Pinaceae
- Botanical Genus: Picea
- Chemical Family: Esters, Ketones, Monoterpenes
- Perfumery Note: Top
- Indigenous Country: Canada
- Cultivation: Distiller is Certified Organic
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Needles
- Shelf Life: 4 years
[LC] Least Concern
- Ethically and sustainably sourced
Benefits & Uses
White Spruce Blends:
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of White Spruce:
2nd Chakra - Relationships 5th Chakra - Speaking Truth 6th Chakra - Perspective Creation Energy
White Spruce Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Sapling leaf trait responses to light, tree height and soil nutrients for three conifer species of contrasting shade tolerance.
- PubMed: Biogeographic variation in evergreen conifer needle longevity and impacts on boreal forest carbon cycle projections.
- PubMed: Assessing the potential for rhizoremediation of PCB contaminated soils in northern regions using native tree species.
- PubMed: Climate sensitivity of gaseous elemental mercury dry deposition to plants: impacts of temperature, light intensity, and plant species.
- PubMed: Hydraulic acclimation to shading in boreal conifers of varying shade tolerance.
- PubMed: Element accumulation patterns of deciduous and evergreen tree seedlings on acid soils: implications for sensitivity to manganese toxicity.
- PubMed: Reflectance of Alaskan black spruce and white spruce foliage in relation to elevation and latitude.
- PubMed: Stomatal frequency adjustment of four conifer species to historical changes in atmospheric CO2.
- PubMed: Photosynthesis and carbon allocation of six boreal tree species grown in understory and open conditions.
- PubMed: The role of acrotony in reproductive development in Picea.
- PubMed: Effects of carbon dioxide enrichment and nitrogen supply on growth of boreal tree seedlings.