Sea Buckthorn Seed CO2 Total Extract Organic / Essential Oil (Hippophae rhamnoides)
Seabuckthorn may also be referred to as sea buckthorn, seabuckthorn, seaberry. It is typically processed using cold pressed, co2 extraction as a method for extracting oil from the fruit pulp.
Sea Buckthorn is an exceptionally gentle, carrot-colored oil with an aroma that is pleasantly subtle. Sea Buckthorn oil comes from a very common shrub covered with thorns, and narrow willow-like leaves. It can be found growing on the sand hills and cliffs on the East Coast. Its name literally translates to shining horse. This is because horses were fed sea buckthorn to improve the condition of their coats.
- Aroma Description:
- Common Name(s): sea buckthorn, seabuckthorn, seaberry
- Botanical Family: Elaeagnaceae
- Botanical Genus: Hippophae
- Perfumery Note: Little to none
- Consistency: viscous liquid vegetal oil
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Little to none
- Color: Bright orange/red
- Indigenous Country: Germany
- Processing Methods: Cold Pressed, CO2 Extraction
- Part Typically Used: Fruit pulp
- Shelf Life: Refrigerate and used within 3 years of the purchase date.
- Ethically and sustainably sourced
Benefits & Uses
May be benefitial for addressing the following ailments:
Eczema Skin : All types Sun Burn : Mild Wounds
Therapeutic Benefits of Seabuckthorn:
Other Uses for Seabuckthorn:
Cautions & Safety
Cautions when using Seabuckthorn:
May stain skin and clothing.