Savory, Wild Essential Oil (Satureja montana)
Savory, Wild may also be referred to as winter savory, mountain savory. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the flowers.
- Aroma Description:
- Common Name(s): winter savory, mountain savory
Synonyms(s) for Satureja montana: Clinopodium montanum, Micromeria montana, Saturiastrum montanum, Thymus montanus
- Botanical Family: Lamiaceae
- Botanical Genus: Satureja
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes, Monoterpenols, Phenols
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Indigenous Country: France
- Cultivation: Distiller is Certified Organic
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Flowers
- Shelf Life: 5 years
- Ethically and sustainably sourced
Benefits & Uses
Therapeutic Benefits of Savory, Wild:
Analgesic Anti-bacterial Anti-fungal Anti-infectious Anti-inflammatory Anti-microbial Anti-oxidant Anti-rheumatic Anti-septic Anti-spasmodic Anti-viral Carminative Digestive tonic Disinfectant Expectorant Immune support Immuno-stimulant Stimulant Stomachic Strengthening Tonic Tonifying Vermifuge Warming
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of Savory, Wild:
2nd Chakra - Relationships 3rd Chakra - Personal Power 4th Chakra - Unconditional Love Balancing Creation Energy Energizing Protective Purifying Uplifting
Savory, Wild Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Natural extracts into chitosan nanocarriers for rosmarinic acid drug delivery.
- PubMed: Protective effect of Satureja montana extract on cyclophosphamide-induced testicular injury in rats.
- PubMed: Antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of Satureja montana L. extracts.
- PubMed: Experimental study on Satureja montana as a treatment for premature ejaculation.
- PubMed: Antioxidant activities of the supercritical and conventional Satureja montana extracts.
- PubMed: Phytochemical profile and anticholinesterase and antimicrobial activities of supercritical versus conventional extracts of Satureja montana.
- PubMed: Antiproliferative and antimicrobial activity of traditional Kombucha and Satureja montana L. Kombucha.
- PubMed: Antioxidative and antiproliferative effects of Satureja montana L. extracts.
- PubMed: Research into microscopic structure and essential oils of endemic medicinal plant species Satureja subspicata Bartl. ex Vis. (Lamiaceae).
- PubMed: Anti-HIV-1 activity of herbs in Labiatae.