Lemongrass Essential Oil - Nepal (Cymbopogon flexuosus)
Lemongrass - Nepal may also be referred to as Cochin grass, East-Indian lemon grass or Malabar grass. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the grass.
- Aroma Description:
- Common Name(s): Cochin grass, East-Indian lemon grass or Malabar grass
Synonyms(s) for Cymbopogon flexuosus: Andropogon ampliflorus, Andropogon flexuosus, Andropogon nardus subsp. flexuosus, Cymbopogon flexuosus var. arunachalis, Cymbopogon flexuosus var. assamensis, Cymbopogon flexuosus var. sikkimensis, Cymbopogon travancorensis
- Botanical Family: Poaceae
- Botanical Genus: Cymbopogon
- Chemical Family: Aldehydes
- Perfumery Note: Top/Middle
- Indigenous Country: Nepal
- Cultivation: Unsprayed
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Grass
- Shelf Life: 3 - 5 years
Benefits & Uses
May be benefitial for addressing the following ailments:
Therapeutic Benefits of Lemongrass - Nepal:
Anti-anxiety Anti-depressant Anti-epileptic Anti-viral Calming Cephalic CNS tonic Cooling Disinfectant Energizing Insect Repellent Nervine Relaxant Sedative Stimulant
Other Uses for Lemongrass - Nepal:
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of Lemongrass - Nepal:
1st Chakra - Survival and Support 3rd Chakra - Personal Power 4th Chakra - Unconditional Love 6th Chakra - Perspective Balancing Clarity Energizing Protective Purifying Uplifting
Lemongrass - Nepal Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Essential oils with insecticidal activity against larvae of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae).
- PubMed: Inhibitory effect of essential oils against Trichosporon ovoides causing Piedra Hair Infection.
- PubMed: Screening of some essential oils against Trichosporon species.
- PubMed: Comparative study of thermal properties of bio-coal from aromatic spent with low rank sub-bituminous coals.
- PubMed: Larvicidal activity against Aedes aegypti of essential oils from northeast Brazil.
- PubMed: The anti-biofilm activity of lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus) and grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) essential oils against five strains of Staphylococcus aureus.
- PubMed: Ultra-low level optical detection of mercuric ions using biogenic gold nanotriangles.
- PubMed: Phytostabilisation potential of lemon grass (Cymbopogon flexuosus (Nees ex Stend) Wats) on iron ore tailings.
- PubMed: Alleviation of salt stress in lemongrass by salicylic acid.
- PubMed: Proline accumulation in lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus Stapf.) due to heavy metal stress.
- PubMed: Control of Colletotrichum gloeosporioides (penz.) Sacc. In yellow passion fruit using Cymbopogon citratus essential oil.
- PubMed: Geranyl acetate esterase controls and regulates the level of geraniol in lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus Nees ex Steud.) mutant cv. GRL-1 leaves.
- PubMed: Anticancer activity of an essential oil from Cymbopogon flexuosus.
- PubMed: An essential oil and its major constituent isointermedeol induce apoptosis by increased expression of mitochondrial cytochrome c and apical death receptors in human leukaemia HL-60 cells.
- PubMed: Authenticity control of essential oils containing citronellal and citral by chiral and stable-isotope gas-chromatographic analysis.
- PubMed: Role of halide ions and temperature on the morphology of biologically synthesized gold nanotriangles.
- PubMed: The inhibition of Candida albicans by selected essential oils and their major components.
- PubMed: Comparison of extraction methods for marker compounds in the essential oil of lemon grass by GC.
- PubMed: Rapid propagation of lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus (Nees) Wats.) through somatic embryogenesis in vitro.
- PubMed: Chemical Features and Productivity of a Geraniol-Rich Variety (GRL-1) of Cymbopogon flexuosus*.
- PubMed: Effect of Leaf Position and Age on the Essential Oil Quantity and Quality in Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus)1.
- PubMed: Photosynthetic rates of citronella and lemongrass.
- PubMed: Carbon dioxide compensation values in citronella and lemongrass.
- PubMed: [Microscopical study of the leaves of Cymbopogon flexuosus Stapf (lemon grass)].