Juniper, Rocky Mount Essential Oil (Juniperus scopulorum)
Juniper, Rocky Mount may also be referred to as Rocky Mountain Juniper, Rocky Mountain Red Cedar, Mountain Red Cedar, Colorado Red Cedar, Western Red Cedar, River Juniper, Western Juniper, Cedro Rojo. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the berries, needles.
Balsamic Coniferous Fresh Piney Slightly camphoraceous Slightly sweet Soft Woody
- Common Name(s): Rocky Mountain Juniper, Rocky Mountain Red Cedar, Mountain Red Cedar, Colorado Red Cedar, Western Red Cedar, River Juniper, Western Juniper, Cedro Rojo
+ Expand- Collapse
Synonyms(s) for Juniperus scopulorum: Juniperus fassettii, Juniperus maritima, Juniperus occidentalis var. pleiosperma, Juniperus scopulorum f. columnaris, Juniperus scopulorum var. columnaris, Juniperus scopulorum var. patens, Juniperus virginiana subsp. scopulorum, Juniperus virginiana var. montana, Juniperus virginiana var. scopulorum, Sabina scopulorum
- Botanical Family: Cupressaceae
- Botanical Genus: Juniperus
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes, Monoterpenols
- Perfumery Note: Top/Middle
- Indigenous Country: United States
- Cultivation: Wild Harvested
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Berries, Needles
- Shelf Life: 4 - 5 years
- Wild Harvested
Benefits & Uses
May be benefitial for addressing the following ailments:
Therapeutic Benefits of Juniper, Rocky Mount:
Analgesic Anti-arthritic Anti-bacterial Anti-fungal Anti-inflammatory Anti-microbial Anti-oxidant Anti-viral Calming Cicatrisant Diuretic Hypotensive
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of Juniper, Rocky Mount:
2nd Chakra - Relationships 3rd Chakra - Personal Power 4th Chakra - Unconditional Love 5th Chakra - Speaking Truth 6th Chakra - Perspective 7th Chakra - Higher Information Balancing Clarity Creation Energy Expansive Grounding Introspective Meditative Protective Purifying Source Energy Transformative Uplifting
Juniper, Rocky Mount Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Distillation time alters essential oil yield, composition, and antioxidant activity of male Juniperus scopulorum trees.
- PubMed: Hierarchical statistical modeling of xylem vulnerability to cavitation.
- PubMed: Analysis of freeze-thaw embolism in conifers. The interaction between cavitation pressure and tracheid size.
- PubMed: Xylem embolism in response to freeze-thaw cycles and water stress in ring-porous, diffuse-porous, and conifer species.