Citronella Essential Oil - India (Cymbopogon winterianus)
Citronella - India may also be referred to as Citronella, Citronella Grass, Cymbopogon grass. It is typically processed using steam or hydro distillation as a method for extracting oil from the grass.
- Aroma Description:
- Common Name(s): Citronella, Citronella Grass, Cymbopogon grass
- Botanical Family: Poaceae
- Botanical Genus: Cymbopogon
- Chemical Family: Aldehydes, Monoterpenols
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Indigenous Country: India
- Cultivation: Wild Harvested
- Processing Methods: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Part Typically Used: Grass
- Shelf Life: 3 - 4 years
Benefits & Uses
Therapeutic Benefits of Citronella - India:
Analgesic Anti-bacterial Anti-fungal Anti-rheumatic Anti-septic Anti-spasmodic Astringent Cicatrisant Deodorant Insect Repellent Sedative
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities
Energetics and Chakras Qualites of Citronella - India:
2nd Chakra - Relationships 4th Chakra - Unconditional Love Clarity Creation Energy Protective Uplifting
Citronella - India Articles or Publications:
- PubMed: Laboratory assessment of acaricidal activity of Cymbopogon winterianus, Vitex negundo and Withania somnifera extracts against deltamethrin resistant Hyalomma anatolicum.
- PubMed: Repellent, irritant and toxic effects of 20 plant extracts on adults of the malaria vector Anopheles gambiae mosquito.
- PubMed: Acaricidal activity of Cymbopogon winterianus, Vitex negundo and Withania somnifera against synthetic pyrethroid resistant Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus.
- PubMed: Molluscicidal and larvicidal activities and essential oil composition of Cymbopogon winterianus.
- PubMed: Citronellal, a monoterpene present in Java citronella oil, attenuates mechanical nociception response in mice.
- PubMed: Vermicomposting potentiality of Perionyx excavatus for recycling of waste biomass of Java citronella--an aromatic oil yielding plant.
- PubMed: Solvent-Free Production of Bioflavors by Enzymatic Esterification of Citronella (Cymbopogon winterianus) Essential Oil.
- PubMed: Action of Coriandrum sativum L. Essential Oil upon Oral Candida albicans Biofilm Formation.
- PubMed: Vermicomposting of distillation waste of citronella plant (Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt.) employing Eudrilus eugeniae.
- PubMed: Antifungal activity of Cymbopogon winterianus jowitt ex bor against Candida albicans.
- PubMed: Growth Inhibition and Morphological Alterations of Trichophyton Rubrum Induced by Essential oil from Cymbopogon Winterianus Jowitt Ex Bor.
- PubMed: Assessment of antinociceptive, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of Cymbopogon winterianus leaf essential oil.
- PubMed: Cardiovascular effects induced by Cymbopogon winterianus essential oil in rats: involvement of calcium channels and vagal pathway.
- PubMed: Comparative anticonvulsant activities of the essential oils (EOs) from Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt and Cymbopogon citratus (DC) Stapf. in mice.
- PubMed: Hypotensive and vasorelaxant effects of citronellol, a monoterpene alcohol, in rats.
- PubMed: Cellulase production by six Trichoderma spp. fermented on medicinal plant processings.
- PubMed: Phythochemical screening and anticonvulsant activity of Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt (Poaceae) leaf essential oil in rodents.
- PubMed: Authenticity control of essential oils containing citronellal and citral by chiral and stable-isotope gas-chromatographic analysis.
- PubMed: Activities of some Brazilian plants against larvae of the mosquito Aedes aegypti.
- PubMed: Anti-Candida activity of Brazilian medicinal plants.
- PubMed: Effect of different organic manures/composts on the herbage and essential oil yield of Cymbopogon winterianus and their influence on the native AM population in a marginal alfisol.
- PubMed: Repellency of volatile oils from plants against three mosquito vectors.
- PubMed: Response of Java citronella (Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt) to toxic heavy metal cadmium.
- PubMed: Biodelignification of lemon grass and citronella bagasse by white-rot fungi.
- PubMed: [Chemical composition of the essential oil from melissa].
- PubMed: Efficacy of some essential oils and their constituents on few ubiquitous molds.